CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog is a special place for us, the 2M Gems, to write freely and independently. We will try our best to use our knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and text types as we write.
Hopefully you'll see a huge improvement in our writing over the year.

Monday, February 14, 2011

GOING TO THE ZOO, ZOO, ZOO

Yesterday, I went to Alma Park Zoo to take pictures of the Australian animals for the Kinderkids in NH.
There are many animals from different countries at this zoo but I was only there for the Aussie animals and these were my favourite.

I think emus are such characters. Their faces always make me laugh.

                      

The zoo is lucky to have two small Tasmanian Devils. They were rather shy to start with, hiding inside a log but then this little one decided to come out and investigate. I was surprised at how he moved. He galloped, yes...galloped, around his enclosure. So funny to see such a little creature moving this way.


My granddaughter came with me to the zoo and her favourite spot was in the kangaroo enclosure. You can get up close to the animals and feed them. This little Eastern Grey kangaroo was very cheeky. It wanted all the animal food.


Before we went home, we listened to the keepers talk about the koalas. Did you know that koalas are the only other animal besides primates like monkeys and gorillas, that have fingerprints? Isn't that amazing?

We were able to pat the koalas and have our photo taken with one. This koala is called 'Maple'. I wonder how she got that name?

Alama Park Zoo is a great place to spend a day in a lovely bush setting. 
Have you been to Alma Park Zoo or any other zoo?
What Australian animals did you see?
Were you able to get close to them?

Please leave a comment to share your zoo experiences with us.

8 comments:

  1. Dear MrsM
    That is awsome Mrs M
    I am going to do a long one like that too.
    Like put photo's on my posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi mrsm I LIKE YOUR POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Juliet,

    Thankyou! I know that you were watching intently while I modelled how to insert pictures and hyperlinks.

    What pictures do you think you'll include in your post?
    I look forward to seeing what you post about.

    Mrs M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ethan,

    Thankyou!
    What did you like the most about the post?

    Mrs M

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi MrsM,that sounds AWSOME!wish i could go to.how was it?love Ciaragem

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ciara,

    We had a great morning at the zoo. I had my little granddaughter with me, so even though I love Australia Zoo, I thought Alma Park Zoo would be quieter and more suitable for her. If you like being able to get up close and feed the animals and also being able to cook a bbq on the grounds, then Alma Park Zoo is the place for you.
    I hope you can visit this zoo one day.

    Mrs M

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi MRS M. did you like you all the animals. I love Australia zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi mis m I love astralen anamls do you

    ReplyDelete